Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Mielle Organics Founder Monique Rodriguez On Blazing Trails, The Power Of DIY, And Saweetie

By Blake Newby ·June 2, 2021June 2, 2021

In 2014, Mielle Organics was born in the kitchen of Monique Rodriguez. Trying to mend her own then color and heat-damaged hair, the numerous attempts of trial and error eventually resulted in victory, growing into a brand with countless SKUs and countless success stories. Now, the 7-year-old curly girl go-to has released yet another success story: a collection marked by two powerhouse ingredients—aloe and rice water.

“We always use high quality ingredients with any of our formulations,” Rodriguez tells ESSENCE. “And this line is directed towards protective styles. We’re going into protective style season and we have to make sure that we’re still maintaining and protecting our hair underneath.” The idea came about, of course, from Rodriguez’s own experience. “I noticed my first time getting braids last year that my scalp was itching around like the second week. I was wishing I had something to just relieve the issues myself. That was the inspiration behind the Aloe and Rice Water Collection.”

Courtesy of Mielle Organics

Rodriguez shares that the collection provides relief for any protective style you can think of: box braids, twists, weaves, you name it. “The thing with this collection is it’s great at relieving the tension on the scalp,” she shares. Adding that the brand has managed to take the difficulty of accessing rice water out of the equation. “I was seeing a lot people making rice water concoctions at home so me, being a DIY person myself, I tried it. The first thing I noticed was that the smell was horrible, but I started using it on my hair and I used it for over the course of like three months. I saw great benefits and started playing around with it with friends, my staff, and everyone loved how it performed on their hair.”

The post Mielle Organics Founder Monique Rodriguez On Blazing Trails, The Power Of DIY, And Saweetie appeared first on Essence.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires