Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Yara Shahidi’s Second Collection With Adidas Originals Is Almost Here

By Blake Newby ·June 22, 2021June 22, 2021

It was only a month ago when Yara Shahidi and Adidas Originals announced that they’d be teaming up for a two-part ReCreation collection — inspired by the actress’s Iranian and African American heritage. Now, after the wildly successful first installation, the second one is here and it’s even more fabulous than the last.

“I have to say this is a more expansive collection,” Shahidi tells ESSENCE. “With drop one we were able to have those two track suits and then the one shoe, but this part of the collection has a lot more pieces and is also perfect for summer.” Shahidi says that while there will still be the festive patterns and intricate details that existed with drop one, this one is much more inclusive. “It was really important for this collection to be unisex,” Shahidi says. “I want anyone wearing to feel like they can mix and match the pieces and enjoy the different silhouettes.”

Courtesy of Adidas

And while the last rollout was heavily dependent on celebrities, this one was more a labor of family love. “It was a family affair,” Shahidi says. “It was literally me and then my poor brothers and I’d be on with the team from Germany trying things on. I’d ask my brother to dip out of virtual class and try on this or that tracksuit. It was a family affair through and through. What’s funny is that both myself, my mother and my middle brother say that we have very similar closets, so oftentimes we do a lot of sharing and I think our tracksuit obsession came from each other right.”

The post Yara Shahidi’s Second Collection With Adidas Originals Is Almost Here appeared first on Essence.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires