Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

After Two Years Of Waiting For A Fulfilling Role, Trai Byers Says Acting In ‘The Piano Lesson’ Is Divinely Aligned

By Veronica Wells· Updated September 29, 2022

“Biblically, professionally, personally, the worlds were all aligned. I was in the middle of something that was on time for me and that I was specifically called to do.”

It’s only in retrospect that Byers sees that the period of waiting was precisely what he needed to take on this role of Avery, a preacher looking to start his own church in Pittsburgh after leaving a less hospitable Mississippi

During what Byers calls his “moment of wait,” he found himself reading theology and Black history books, “just learning about who we are in the flesh and who we are in the spirit,” he says.

When the role of Avery came about, he was physically and spiritually prepared to take it on. “Unbeknownst to me, that two years of angst and waiting and pain and seed planting, now in this moment of harvest, I’m prepared to do what I need to do.”

The project also served to reunite Byers with the theater. “I trained in theater before. It was always my intent to get back. I just didn’t know I’d be back that soon,” he says.

The post After Two Years Of Waiting For A Fulfilling Role, Trai Byers Says Acting In ‘The Piano Lesson’ Is Divinely Aligned appeared first on Essence.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires